Time & Location
About the Event
Fox Walkers is our flagship weekend youth program. Students meet on Fridays one weekend per month for seven months, starting in September and ending in May (we skip December and January because of holidays and weather). Accompanied by a team of expert wilderness intructors, they are transported to our awesome educational campsites for a weekend of camping and learning new skills. They return on Sunday afternoons tired, dirty, and happy!
Each year that a student participates in Fox Walkers is completely different. Yes we do review and build on skills we have already learned, but we also introduce new skills and skill paths to chose from. Students are in charge of their own learning process and have many potential paths to take.
Instruction happens in small groups with high teacher to student ratios (1:6) so that our students get the most out of their education. We all share one site though, which means we do lots together too! Games, meals, and campfires happen as a village.
It's more than just learning to be outside, coming of age can be tricky and we want to help inspire new generations into lives of confidence, empathy, sustainability, social equity, and joy. In order to do that we engage our students as humans on the same path as we are, to build trust and to offer insight as best we can. Each year, we recognize a students acomplishments with a rites of passage ceremony, so they do not forget how far they have come.
- Ages 12-13 (Full Year)$2,000+$50 Service fee$2,000+$50 Service fee0$0
- Ages 12-13 (Monthly)$400+$10 Service fee$400+$10 Service fee0$0
- Ages 14-15 (Full Year)$2,000+$50 Service fee$2,000+$50 Service fee0$0
- Ages 14-15 (Monthly)$400+$10 Service fee$400+$10 Service fee0$0
- Ages 16-17 (Full Year)$2,000+$50 Service fee$2,000+$50 Service fee0$0
- Ages 16-17 (Monthly)$400+$10 Service fee$400+$10 Service fee0$0